Monday, March 30, 2009

Doctor Appointment Update! GOOD NEWS!

Went with Richie and Sandy to Dr. Fessler's Office in Novi. He had me sign the "Surgical Consent Form" and said surgery would be within the next few (hopefully couple of) weeks. I will be in contact with his surgical scheduler, Barb. I will need to contact my family Dr. for "medical release," meaning I will need to have a physical (which I had originally scheduled for last week, but was unavailable..) and a few tests (some which were done at St. John's last week). I'm thinking the soonest surgery will be scheduled is the Tuesday after Easter. I will pop in and out of work until then, prepare for Easter dinner with my family, and prepare myself for this surgery.

Good news is that there is only one meningiomal tumor!!! I thought one of the Dr.'s told me there was one in the back, also, but maybe he was speaking of the first tumor that I had removed in 2002. Anyway, one is better than two!!

So the 3 of us sat out rush hour and went to Red Lobster (my fav!), I ordered a drink....a Mango Passion Daiquri, shrimp dinner was delicious, (Richie had tilapia, Sandy had Triple Berry Sangria and shrimp) then we headed home.

All is well, and I will continue, as I have in the past, with your prayers and thoughts. I know I will be fine......I am a survivor, and proud of it!
Love you all, God bless!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda,
    I LOVE this blog and what a great way to keep everyone connected! Thanks for the taking the time to put it together and glad you enjoyed the cookies:)
    Love, Jan

    ReplyDelete