Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Best Day Yet!!!




On Wednesday, Rich, Laurie and I had the pleasure of spending two hours with Alex!!! YaY!!! Since we haven't seen him in a few weeks, it was really GREAT....we think he grew a couple of inches! Really....he said he's 5'3"....that means one inch shorter than ME!!! Oh my!!! AND....he brought me a present from Florida....a sea urchin, that Wendy (his step-mom) picked at a beach in Venice. Apparently, they picked many, that just happened to be on the beach at that moment! He told me about this when we talked while he was in Florida, and I BEGGED him to ask Wendy for one, and he did!!! How very special! It was a difficult transport home, because they are all so delicate and fragile, but Wendy did an awesome job, and packed them all up very carefully!! We are thankful for spending time with our oldest grandson!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy that you got to see Alex, and how nice that you got a special present from him and his family! :D

    ReplyDelete